Best Maui Photoshoot Locations
Between Maui’s dramatic coastline, breathtaking scenery, lush rainforests, historic towns, and upscale resorts, there is never a “bad” picture captured. This island truly has it all, and there are tons of locations to take iconic pictures. How could you possibly know where to go, what to bring, and what to wear?
At Heartstrings Photo Co., we know the hot spots and backroads that will make for gorgeous backdrops. However, we like to take photography sessions in Maui a step further by capturing the moments that no one else can. With no additional charge, we will take incredible photos of your family, maternity, engagement, and more on the Westside and Southside of Maui. Here are some of our favorite spots.
Best Photography Spots in South Maui
In South Maui, you’ll find the beach town Kihei, the upscale community of Wailea, and the tip of the region Makena. With plenty of sandy beaches and unhindered views of the three islands, this is the place for relaxing days and romantic, dreamy nights. South Maui is the sunniest, and less crowded side of the island, making for brighter blues and more vibrant colors during photography sessions. Some of the best photography spots in South Maui are:
- Makena Cove – Small and great for weddings with gorgeous sunsets.
- Maluaka Beach – Located in front of the Maui Beach and Golf Resort, this beach offers impeccable views of the sunset.
- Poolenalena Beach – Lots of nature (bring shoes!), plus another beach is located around the lava trail.
- Palauea Beach – Also known as White Rock Beach and also a lot of nature.
- Polo Beach – Located in front of Fairmont Kea Lani with cool lava rocks from props and backdrops.
- Wailea Beach – Located in from of the Grand Wailea Resort and Four Seasons and near the Marriot and the Wailea Beach Villas. Although this beach can be crowded, it’s very convenient for travelers looking for a photography session in Maui.
- Mokapu Beach – Located in front of the Andaz Resort with awesome lava rocks and perfect sunsets.
Best Photography Spots in West Maui
West Maui is one of the most popular places to play and stay on Maui. Ka’anapali and Lahaina are the two areas of the west that hold the most history, dining, and accommodations. The darker colored sand makes for unique pictures, and during the winter, many of the locations are located in the rain belt. Some of the best photography spots in West Maui are:
- Lahaina Harbor – Dark sand beach, perfect for boating and sailing photos.
- Baby Beach – A small sheltered beach with palm trees and calm water
- Kapalua Bay – Great sunsets and lava rocks and are popular with the wedding and engagement crowd.
- Ironwoods Beach – Very low crowds with breathtaking beaches and sunsets and a big cliff at one end that you can hike up onto.
- DT Flemings Beach – Large and uncrowded, rugged cliffs and fallen rocks to sit on.
Best Photographer in Maui
Both the southside and westside of Maui offer incredible opportunities for iconic pictures. At Heartstrings Photo Co., we take more than the location into account with our photo sessions. For instance, we know that morning sessions offer stronger colors, while sunset photos create a more romantic feel with light effects. Many times, on the island the clouds and wind work in our favor for softer lights and natural effects.
When you’re ready to book a professional photographer in Maui, check out our prices on 30 minute mini sessions up to 90 minute large group sessions. We offer honest, authentic images to all types of subject related photography sessions, maternity, family, engagement, anniversaries, vow renewals, babies, kids and extended family sessions.